Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Chicken quesadillas are so easy to make and an absolute winning meal come the mid week madness. Taking just 15 minutes to make and prepare these chicken quesadillas can be on the table in no time and are sure to be a hit with even the biggest and smallest family members. You can serve them up with all sorts of extra too, if you fancy something a bit more. Mexican dips like guacamole, salsa and sour cream and chive all work beautifully well with the rich and spicy flavours of the chicken quesadillas. For smaller children you can leave out the spices for a plainer flavour that they might prefer. If you're throwing a dinner party then these make a great informal starter too. Just pop a big board of them in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves!
- 1 cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Mexican spice mix
- 1 tbsp sweetcorn
- 150g fresh tomato salsa
- 2 medium soft flour tortillas
- 50g extra light soft cheese
- 50g grated hard cheese
- Heat chicken, corn, Mexican spices and salsa in a pan until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spread one of the tortillas with the soft cheese and the grated cheese. Spoon the chicken mixture over one tortilla and top with the other.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the filled tortilla. Cook over a medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Carefully turn over with a large spatula to cook the other side until golden brown. Slice into 4 wedges and serve with a large green salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 339.5(kcal)
- Fat 5.1g
- Saturates 1.5g
- Sugars 7.8g
- Salt 0.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.