Tomato and pepper galettes
- 2 peppers, yellow and orange, deseeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3tbsps olive oil
- 250g all-butter puff pastry
- 2tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 16-20 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Baking sheet, lightly buttered
Got leftover chicken? Put strips on top of the galettes for a meaty alternative.
- Set the oven to 190°C/380°F/Gas Mark 5. Mix the pepper strips and onion wedges on a baking sheet with thyme sprigs and 2tbsp oil. Roast for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, until they’re softened.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry to a square, about 28cm. Cut into 4 x 14cm squares. Put them on the baking sheet. Mark a thin border around each one. Prick inside with a fork. Chill for about 30 mins.
- Raise the oven temperature to 220°C/430°F/Gas Mark 7. Spoon the pepper mixture inside the pastry border. Sprinkle with parsley and add the olives and halved tomatoes. Drizzle with the rest of the oil.
- Bake for 25 mins, below the centre of the oven. Season and drizzle with more oil, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 371(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.