- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 5tbsp manzanilla sherry
- 1tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 10-15 large raw prawns, peeled, leaving tail shell on
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Bread, to serve
Making this dish for a dinner party? Add other shell fish such as mussels to feed more.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow pan. Add the garlic, fennel and parsley stalks and fry gently for 12-15 mins until tender. Add the cherry tomatoes, sherry and tomato paste. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 25 mins, until thickened.
- Push the prawns into the sauce, cook for 2 mins. Turn them and cook for 1-2 mins or until they’re pink all over. Season and sprinkle with parsley leaves for serving. Serve with chunks of bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 171(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.