Neapolitan ice cream slice
- 600ml carton double cream
- 250g icing sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Halved strawberries, to decorate
- 250g strawberries
- 2tbsps caster sugar
- 200g bar plain chocolate, melted
- 1kg loaf tin, either silicone or metal
- 2 large disposable piping bags
Decorate with roasted crushed hazelnuts for some crunch.
- Pour the cream into a bowl, add the icing sugar and a few drops of vanilla; whip until it forms soft peaks.
- To make the strawberry mixture: Purée strawberries with the sugar and then fold in half the cream mixture. Pour a thin layer of the strawberry mixture into the tin to cover the base and freeze it until solid.
- Divide the remaining cream mixture in half. Keep one half plain, then gradually stir the other half into the melted chocolate (add the cream gradually to the chocolate so that it doesn’t set too quickly).
- Fill the piping bag with the plain cream mixture and cut off the end of the bag to give a hole about 2cm in diameter and pipe balls over the strawberry layer. Return loaf pan to the freezer and freeze until solid. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour over some more strawberry mixture to cover the white balls. Return to the freezer and freeze until solid.
- Fill the other piping bag with the chocolate mixture and cut off the end of the bag to give a hole as above, and pipe balls all over the strawberry ice. Return pan to the freezer until the chocolate balls have frozen. Remove it from the freezer and pour over the remaining strawberry mixture and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and unmould on to a serving plate. If using a silicone mould, it just needs peeling away; if using a metal tin, dip it briefly in hot water. Dry tin and tip out on to the plate. Decorate with strawberries
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 634(kcal)
- Fat 46.0g
- Saturates 29.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.