Slimming World's chunky chicken pasta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Slimming World's chunky chicken pasta salad recipe will keep you full and satisfied. Made with a light and healthy mix of peppers, onion and garlic, it's so full of flavour, you won't notice it's good for you! This recipe takes only 30 mins to rustle up and serves 4 people. This pasta salad could be served as a hearty lunch or filling dinner. This guilt-free pasta salad recipe uses pasta shells but you can use whatever pasta you already have in the cupboard - how about penne, fusilli or even spaghetti.
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and cut into bitesized chunks
- 200g dried pasta shells, boiled and cooled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful each of chopped parsley and basil
- Red wine vinegar
Save some chicken from a roast at the weekend to make salads like this quickly during the week
- Put the strips of mixed peppers and thinly sliced onion in a deep non-stick frying pan and cover. Turn up the heat until it sizzles, lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.Add the garlic and cook for a further 10 minutes. Sprinkle in red wine vinegar and seasoning to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Mix with the cooled pasta, chicken breast chunks and chopped parsley and basil.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website