Winning medal cookies
IngredientsFor the biscuits:
- 125g butter, softened
- 60g icing sugar
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 175g plain flour
- About 125g plain chocolate
- Gold, silver and bronze edible spray
You will also need:
- 7cm round cutter
- 0.7mm icing nozzle
- Baking sheet lined with bakewell paper
- Coloured ribbon 1cm wide
Personalise each biscuit with your childs name for the ultimate reward.
- To make the biscuits: Beat together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla, then beat in the flour to make a fairly stiff dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 3-4mm thick. Cut out rounds and place them on the baking sheet. Make a hole in the rounds, using the icing nozzle. Chill them while the oven heats up.
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 12 mins or until light golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate: Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Spread over the biscuits and leave to set. Spray them with the metal colours and use a bamboo stick to write the date, or a name on them. Leave to set. Thread ribbon through. These will keep a couple of days in an airtight tin.
More cookie recipes
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 150(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.