Smoked corn on the cob
- 4 corn on the cobs, with husks still on
- 1tsp sugar
- Olive or sunflower oil spray
- 1tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2tsps smoked paprika
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
If you prefer your cobs without the spice rubbed in, serve them with a spicy or herby butter.
- Remove the leaves of the corn’s husk down to the last layer. Pull off the silky threads. Put the cobs in a pan of boiling water, adding the sugar. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Drain well.
- Pull back the leaves, spray or brush the corn cob with oil, then rub in the spices.
- Put the cobs on a hot pan, and cook for about 10 mins, turning them occasionally, until just tender and beginning to char. Char lime wedges for a couple of mins. Serve with extra oil, or butter if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 45(kcal)
- Fat 17.5g
- Saturates 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.