Mango and orange mousse
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 4tbsp caster sugar, juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 med egg white
- 150ml carton double cream
To stop the orange zest from drying out before serving, keep it wrapped in cling film.
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of water until it’s soft.
- Purée the mangoes and sugar, using a stick blender or in a food processor.
- Pour 2 tbsp boiling water into a bowl. Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine and add it to the hot water. Stir until dissolved, then stir in the orange juice. Add to the mango purée and mix in well.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it starts to form soft peaks. Gently fold the cream into the mango purée mixture and then fold in the egg white.
- Carefully pour the mousse into serving bowls and chill in the fridge until set. Just before serving, decorate with the strips of orange zest.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 214(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.