Rum and pineapple cream
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3-4tbsp demerara sugar
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 2-4tbsp rum
- 4 cocktail cherries and sticks
To reduce the fat content, halve the amount of cream and fold in Greek yogurt instead.
- Spread the pineapple slices out on a grill tray and sprinkle over the demerara sugar. Place the tray under a hot grill until the slices start to turn golden, then remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Cut 4 chunks of pineapple for the decoration and finely chop the rest.
- Put the cream and icing sugar into a bowl. Whip until it forms soft peaks and then fold in the rum.
- Spoon some cream mixture into each dish, top with the chopped pineapple and the rest of the cream. Thread a cherry and a pineapple chunk on to a cocktail stick and decorate each dessert with one. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 414(kcal)
- Fat 30.0g
- Saturates 19.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.