Deep-filled smoked haddock and leek quiche
- 350g shortcrust pastry
- 30g butter
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 350-400g smoked haddock, cubed
- 6 med eggs
- 300ml carton double cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 18cm round spring-clip tin, buttered
- Baking parchment and baking beans
To avoid overcooking the haddock, put into the pastry case while it’s still raw. It will cook while the quiche is baking.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat a baking sheet.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface and line the tin, leaving the pastry just higher than the tin’s rim and the edge rough. Use a fork to prick the base. Chill the case, while the oven heats up.
- Line pastry case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Put the tin on the baking sheet and bake for 15 mins. Lift out paper with baking beans and bake for 5-10 mins more.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt butter in a pan and add the oil. Cook the leeks over a med heat for 10-15 mins, stirring until soft, but don’t allow to colour too much. Remove the pan from heat.
- Layer up the leeks and raw haddock in pastry case. Beat eggs with the cream and seasoning and pour into the case.
- Put tin back in oven on baking sheet and cook for 40-50 mins, until filling is set.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then remove from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 710(kcal)
- Fat 56.0g
- Saturates 26.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.