Roasted chicken thighs with garlic, lemon and rosemary
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
goodtoknow user Anna's delicious recipe for garlic and lemon roasted chicken thighs is a quick and easy way to bring more flavour to your chicken and is the perfect summer alternative to a Sunday roast
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 lemons
- Handful of unpeeled garlic cloves (about 10)
- 3tbsp honey
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh rosemary
This dish would work well with chicken drumsticks instead of thighs - or a mixture of both
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place skin side up in an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the unpeeled garlic around the chicken with the rosemary and wedges/slices of 1 lemon. Tuck some in between each thigh.
- In a small pan heat the olive oil and honey together with the juice of 1 lemon until combined – a couple of mins should do it. When it’s combined pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cover with foil and cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 until the skin has browned.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and green salad.