Chicken and mushroom pasta bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Quick and easy, this chicken pasta bake will soon become a regular meal in your house. With a chicken, tomato and mushroom mix beneath a cheesy pasta topping, this easy chicken dish is a delicious dinner option
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 red, 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- Fusilli pasta
- Grated mozzarella and cheddar
- Oil to fry
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp ketchup
- 1 stock cube
- 1 cup of water
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mixed herbs
Any type of cheese would be delicious on top of this pasta bake - why not try goats' cheese or Feta for a punchy flavour?
- Preheat oven 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Add in your pasta to a saucepan filled with boiling water.
- Whilst your pasta is cooking, brown your chicken breast pieces in a large frying pan with a little oil on a high heat. Add in the chopped onion, peppers and mushroom and stir on a medium heat.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, ketchup, stock cube and water and stir together. Season to taste with the herbs and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer your chicken and veg mix into your ovenproof dish and stir.
- Once your pasta has cooked, drain and add to the dish. Spread evenly across the top of the mixture. Cover with handfuls of grated mozzarella and cheddar.
- Pop in the oven until bubbling at the bottom and golden and crispy on top.