Fig and Roquefort flan
- ½ x 375g packet puff pastry
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 4-6 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g packet Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 8 figs, halved
- 4 medium eggs
- 300ml carton double cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 20 x 28cm fluted flan tin
This quiche is best eaten on the day it's made, so make sure you prepare it advance especially if serving to guests.
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7 and heat a baking sheet.
- Roll the pastry out to line the flan tin and prick the base with a fork. Chill the pastry case.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the shallots for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until they’ve softened, but not coloured.
- Spread the shallots over the bottom of the pastry case and sprinkle the cheese over. Put the figs on top, cut-side up. Beat together the eggs, cream and seasoning and pour this over the figs and cheese.
- Put the flan tin on the hot baking sheet and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 mins.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 and cook for a further 20-25 mins, or until the filling is turning golden and is set in the centre. If the filling is browning too quickly, cover with baking parchment.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature. This quiche is best eaten on the day it’s made.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 570(kcal)
- Fat 49.0g
- Saturates 27.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.