Chicken, tomato and courgette couscous salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Filling, simple and healthy, this chicken couscous salad is easy to whip up for a quick lunch or a light dinner. Made with a flavoursome lemon and white wine vinegar dressing, this salad is great if you're watching what you eat but hate being hungry
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- Low-cal cooking spray
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 250g couscous
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced (use a peeler to get super-thin slices)
- 4tbsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp chopped mint (dried or fresh)
If you've got the time, grill the chicken thighs rather than frying to make this dish even healthier
- Cook the couscous according to packet instructions. Lightly fry the onion with the low-cal cooking spray for 5 mins until soft.
- Slice the chicken breasts into chunks of your choice and add to the pan. Fry the chicken until cooked through and slightly browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing. Combine all the ingredients and add the tomato and courgette and leave to soak.
- Once the chicken and couscous are cooked, place a ladel-full of couscous on a plate, followed by the chicken and onions and pour the vegetables and dressing over the top.