Spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken thighs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your chicken thighs a delicious burst of flavour by stuffing them with this simple spinach and ricotta filling. Serve with a creamy tomato sauce and roasted new potatoes for a quick, easy and slightly fancy meal
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 60g spinach
- 125g ricotta
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 250g passata
- 1tbsp ricotta
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1tsp basil
- 250g new potatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
You will need:
- 2 skewers
You can wrap the thighs in bacon or Parma ham to keep the stuffing in rather than using skewers, if you like
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Parboil the new potatoes for 10 mins in a pan of boiling water.
- In a separate pan of boiling water, wilt the spinach over a low heat. Drain throughly and chop into small pieces and mix with the ricotta.
- Lay out the chicken thighs, skin-side down and place a tablespoon of the spinach and ricotta mix in the centre. Fold up the sides and close with 2 skewers at each end - you can fit at least 2 thighs on each skewer.
- Place the thighs in an oiled baking dish and place in the preheated oven for 40-50 mins.
- Place the potatoes in a separate dish and sprinkle the cherry tomatoes over the top - roast in the shelf beneath the chicken thighs for the same amount of time.
- About 10 mins before the chicken is ready, lightly fry the chopped onion in oil until soft and add the passata. Simmer until cooked through, adding a little basil to taste.
- Once the chicken and potatoes are cooked, removed from oven and plate up. Stir the tablespoon of ricotta through the sauce and spoon over the dish.