Mars bar cakes
Cooking time:For cooling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Mars bar cakes are the perfect naughty treat to make with the kids. Quick, tasty and best of all you don't need to cook them. Because these Mars bar cakes are so easy to make, you can get the little ones to help you make them. Get their help with mixing the melted chocolate with the Rice Krispies and then patting the mixture into a lined tin - they'll love giving you a hand. Prepping these little sweet treats only takes 10 mins, so it's a quick recipe to make with the kids as they won't get bored. You need to leave the mixture to set for 30 minutes, so make sure you've got something to distract the kids with because they'll definitely want to eat it right away! You'll only need five ingredients to make this Mars bar recipe, including 5 Mars bars and Rice Krispies. This Mars bar cakes recipe makes serves 6, but you can easily double up the quantities if you need to feed more people - perhaps you're having friends round for a a little afternoon treat?
- 5 standard-size Mars bars
- 200g white chocolate
- 150g butter
- Rice Krispies to absorb the mixture – approx 100g
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
When melting the whilte chocolate don't be tempted to stir it, just let it melt by itself
- Grease a rectangular tin – approx 15 x 30cm – and line with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and Mars bars in a small pan. When it’s all melted, add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are all coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin and leave to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, then pour it over the top of the cake.
- Cut into squares when cold and store in an airtight container.