Raspberry and white chocolate muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Few combinations are loved as much as raspberries and white chocolate and this recipe will see you whip them up into tasty muffins in 40 minutes - delicious!
- 300g plain flour
- 75g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 175g raspberries
- 100g white chocolate diced
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g caster sugar
- 150g natural fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50g white chocolate, melted
You could always try this recipe with strawberries as a different fruity twist
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with 10 muffin cases. Mix the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda with the sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Fork the melted butter, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla together in a second bowl until just mixed then add to the dry ingredients and fork together until just mixed. Add the diced chocolate and raspberries, mix together briefly then spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven set to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Leave the muffins to cool for 10 minutes then loosen the edges of the cases with a round bladed knife. Lift muffins out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate the muffins with melted chocolate drizzled from a spoon or piped from a paper piping bag with the tip snipped off. Leave to harden for 5-10 minutes before serving.