Hawaiian fruit sticks
- 24 chunks of mango
- 12 cubes of pineapple
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- A sprinkling of toasted coconut
- A small cube of butter, to melt
If it's quicker and easier for you, you can always buy the fruit in ready-prepared packs from the supermarket
- Mix the chunks of mango and cubes of pineapple in a bowl with the grated zest and juice of the lime. Also add in the tbsp of caster sugar and leave to soak for 10 mins.
- Once it's soaked, thread the fruit on to 12 skewers.
- Brush with a little melted butter and griddle on the barbecue until it's caramelised.
- To finish, sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve immediately.