Asian beef kebabs
- 250g frying steak
- Large red pepper, deseeded
- 2-3 tsps Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
To make sure your skewers don't burn, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before you use them
- Mix the Chinese five-spice powder with the oil in a shallow dish.
- Cut the frying steak into 12 strips, about 9 x 5cm long, and cut the pepper into 24 pieces.
- Coat well in the marinade and leave for 10 mins or longer.
- Thread the pepper on to 12 skewers with the meat, concertina-style.
- Grill until the beef is cooked to your liking and then serve.