Courgette, garlic and herb oaty crust quiche
IngredientsFor the case:
- 280g packet oatcakes, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 150g butter, melted
- 3tbsp light olive oil
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 150g packet cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml carton crème fraiche
- Salt and black pepper
- 20cm round, loose-bottom sandwich tin, buttered
We used Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs. The recipe also works well with the Boursin with pepper if you're not keen on garlic
- Set the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Heat a baking tray (rather than a baking sheet, in case the filling leaks out).
- To make the case, tip the oatcakecrumbs into a bowl and add the flour and salt, then stir in the butter. Press into the tin in an even layer so it's not too thick around the bottom edge. Chill.
- Put the tin on the heated baking tray and cook in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and fry about a third of the courgettes until lightly golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Cook the rest of the courgettes in batches.
- Beat the cream cheese to soften it and beat in the eggs, creme fraiche and seasoning.
- Layer courgettes over oatcakes and pour in cream chees mix. Put on the baking tray and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin. Chill overnight before removing from the tin. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 557(kcal)
- Fat 46.0g
- Saturates 25.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.