Bean and pesto mash
- Mash potatoes
- 2tbps olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 x 400g cans Cannellini beans
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 2tbps red pesto
- Sage leaves
This recipe is also good with butterbeans instead of cannellini beans.
- Heat 2 tbps olive oil, add 1 chopped onion and cook for 5 mins. Add 1-2 crushed garlic cloves and cook for another 2 mins.
- Drain and rinse 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans. Add to the pan with 300ml hot vegetable stock and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins until the beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, add 4 slices of Parma ham, torn into shreds and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Add a little oil to the pan and, when hot, fry some sage leaves for a few seconds until just crisp.
- Mash the beans, put in a bowl and swirl in 2 tbps red pesto. Top with the crispy ham and sage leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 384(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.