Cheese and onion mash
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 spring onions, trim and chopped
- 6tbsp milk
- Put potatoes in a pan with just enough water to cover. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins. Drain well. Meanwhile grate cheese chop spring onions.
- Add a large knob of butter to the pan, along with all but a handful of spring onions. Fry them for 1 min, then add milk and put potatoes back in.
- Warm through and mash well. Season and stir in most of the cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with the rest of the cheese and onions.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 400(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.