Fettucine and chorzio-topped cod
- 125g dried fettucine or pappardelle
- 75g samphire, asparagus tips or broccoli
- Salt and black pepper
- 300g thick piece of cod fillet, cut in half
- 1tsp olive oil
- 3 thin slices of chorizo
- 1tbsp toasted pine nuts
Haven't got any fettucine or pappardelle? Don't worry, you can use any pasta that you like. The fresher the pasta, the quicker it will cook.
- Set the grill to medium-high. Put a baking tray underneath to heat through.
- Add the pasta to a pan of boiling salted water and cook according to the pack instructions, for about 8 mins. Add the samphire for the last minute (or asparagus tips/broccoli for the last 3 mins).
- Meanwhile season the cod, drizzle with a little oil and arrange the halved slices of chorizo on top. Put on the hot baking tray and grill for 5 mins.
- Drain the pasta and samphire and divide between 2 plates. Put the cod on top. Sprinkle over pine nuts and drizzle with more oil, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 465(kcal)
- Fat 13.5g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.