Prawn cocktail linguine
Skill level: Easy peasy
This prawn cocktail linguine is the perfect twist on the classic British 1970s popular hors d'oeuvre, but much more modern and sure to please your whole family. The traditional prawn cocktail sauce provides a light and tasty topping for this prawn dish, packed with fresh seafood, ripe avocado and crisp gem lettuce. Sprinkle your prawn cocktail pasta with lemon juice and served on a bed of linguine pasta, for a dinner-time recipe that is full of flavour.
- 100g dried linguine
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 10 cooked prawns, with tails on
- Little Gem lettuce leaves
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- 2 cheeks of lemon
For the sauce:
- 1tbsp tomato pure'e
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 4tbsp soured cream or crème fraiche
- 1/2-1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Good dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
You can use smaller cold water prawns in this recipe. For a sweeter version, add tomato ketchup to the sauce.
- Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, for about 3 mins.
- To make the sauce: Mix all the ingredients together. Peel and dice the avocado.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it into warmed bowls. Spoon the sauce on top, then push in the prawns. Dot with avocado and torn lettuce leaves, sprinkle over paprika and serve with lemon cheeks.
If you fancy making a classic prawn linguine, try our recipe.