Chicken Caesar pasta
- 4 small chicken thighs, skin on
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1 thick slice of bread, cut into small cubes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 med egg noodle nests (125g)
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 15g Parmesan, finely grated, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2-4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 rounded tsp Dijon mustard
- 4tbsp crème fraiche
- 2tbsp lemon juice
Use leftover roast chicken for this, just dry fry bacon and fry croûtons to go with it. If you want to serve the salad cold, rinse the cooked noodles through with cold water and drain well.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the chicken thighs into a medium-sized roasting tin.
- Season chicken well and drape the bacon over the top.
- Add the thyme sprigs, if using. Roast for 20 mins.
- Add the bread cubes to the roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and put the tin back in the oven for 20 mins, or until the bacon and bread are crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cook the noodles, according to the pack instructions, for 4-5 mins.
- Skin and shred the chicken and mix it into the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on plates, spoon the hot noodles on top, then the chicken mixture and top with bacon bits and croûtons. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and lots of freshly ground black pepper and some thyme leaves, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 136(kcal)
- Fat 6.3g
- Saturates 2.5g
- Sugars 0.0g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.