Summer vegetable spaghetti
- 4 runner beans, trimmed and shredded
- 4 baby courgettes, trimmed and sliced thinly lengthways
- Handful of frozen peas
- 100g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2tbsps good olive oil
- 6 quails’ eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and halved
- Handful of parsley leaves
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Cheddar cheese, shavings or grated, to serve, optional
You can buy quails' eggs in most supermarkets but if you prefer chicken or duck eggs - use them instead.
- Pour boiling water into a large pan, add salt, and when it comes back to the boil, add the green beans. Bring back to the boil and add the courgettes and peas. Bring back to the boil for 30 seconds, then take the vegetables out with a draining spoon and plunge them into a bowl of iced water. Drain and set aside.
- Bring the pan of water back to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook according to pack instructions, for about 11 mins.
- Drain the pasta, keeping in a little of the cooking water. Put back in the pan with the oil and blanched vegetables. Divide between warmed plates. Add the quails’ eggs and parsley. Drizzle with more oil and a good dash of balsamic vinegar and serve with cheese, if you like.