Spinach and pine nut mash potato
- 1kg potatoes
- 250g spinach, washed
- 4tbsps olive oil, plus extra for drizzling if liked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-3tbsps toasted pine nuts
If you don't have any fresh spinach then you can use frozen instead
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Put in a pan with just enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins. Drain well, pouring the cooking water over the spinach leaves in a large bowl. Leave them for 5 mins to wilt.
- Warm the 4 tbsps of olive oil in the pan, then put the potatoes back in and season well with salt and pepper. Add the egg yolks and mash the potatoes. Drain the spinach in a sieve, pushing out the water. Cut the spinach into chunks, using scissors. Stir into the mash.
- Serve, sprinkled with 2-3 tbsps of toasted pine nuts and a drizzle of olive oil, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 384(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.