Salted caramel chocolate pots
Total time:plus cooling/setting time
Skill level: Bit of effort
This indulgent chocolate recipe combines rich chocolate with flavoursome salted caramel to delicious effect. Break through the thick chocolate layer to reveal the super sweet caramel in these tasty little puds
IngredientsFor the caramel
- 30g unsalted butter
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 150ml carton double cream
- 1/2 level tsp salt flakes, plus extra for decoration
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- 200g bar dark chocolate, melted
- Few drops of vanilla extract
You will also need:
- 4-5 glasses, for serving
You only need small dishes for serving these as they are very rich and indulgent
- To make the caramel: Melt the butter in a pan and add the sugar and cream. Stir the mixture over a low heat until it dissolves, then increase the heat and simmer the sauce until it thickens slightly to a caramel consistency. Off the heat, leave the caramel to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the salt flakes. Pour the mixture into the serving glasses and leave to set.
- To make the chocolate layer: Bring the cream to the boil and pour it over the chocolate. Add the vanilla and stir until the mixture is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel and leave to set. Sprinkle salt flakes over each before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 873(kcal)
- Fat 70.0g
- Saturates 44.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.