Chocolate rice krispie cake
- 100g (31/2oz) unsalted butter
- 2 x 62.5g Mars® Bars, chopped
- 100g bar milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 100g (31/2oz) Rice Krispies®
- 50g (13/4oz) milk or plain chocolate, melted
You will also need:
- 1kg (2lb) loaf tin, lined with baking parchment
- Small disposable piping bag
When pressing into the tin you need to be firm enough to make sure it fills the tin completely, but not so firm that you crush the Rice Krispies.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and then add themars bar and chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts. Add the milk and vanilla to the pan and stir well, with the pan still on the heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies®, taking care not to crush them. Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and level the surface. Place the tin in the fridge until the mixture is firm.
- Remove the tin from the fridge, then lift the loaf out, and peel away the lining paper and invert.
- For the topping, spoon the melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut off the end of the bag to give a small hole. Pipe random lines of chocolate over the loaf. Leave for the chocolate to set before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 119(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.