- 300ml carton double cream
- 150ml whole milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp coffee granules
- Cocoa, for dusting
- 4-6 coffee cups
You can also make this using 2 tbsp strong freshly brewed coffee if you prefer to use ground coffee.
- Set the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks in a bowl. Pour over the boiling cream mixture, whisking as the cream is added, so that the eggs don’t cook. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Dissolve the coffee granules in 2 tbsp boiling water and add to the cream mixture.
- Strain the cream mixture through a sieve into a jug and then pour into the coffee cups.
- Put the cups in a roasting tin and pour in boiling water to come about halfway up the cups. Put the tin in the oven and bake for 45 mins to 1 hr, or until the mixture is just set. Remove from the oven and lift cups out of the water.
- When the cups are cool, refrigerate well before serving, dusted with cocoa powder.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 365(kcal)
- Fat 33.0g
- Saturates 19.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.