Chocolate crust mascarpone pudding
Total time:plus chilling time
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 250g packet ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 200g bar dark chocolate, melted
- 2 x 250g cartons mascarpone
- Juice and zested rind of 2 limes
- 3-4 level tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp smooth raspberry jam
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 125g raspberries
- 20cm round, loose-bottomed sandwich tin, lined with cling film
This dessert is best eaten on the day itís made.
- Stir the crushed biscuits into the melted chocolate and stir well to coat in the chocolate. Tip the mixture into the cake tin and then use the back of a spoon to press it firmly against the sides and base. Chill the case until the chocolate sets.
- Remove the case from the tin, peel away the cling film and place it on a serving plate.
- Beat together the mascarpone, juice and the rind from 1 lime and icing sugar to taste. Fill the case with it.
- Beat the jam with 1 tbsp boiling water to soften it, then stir in the mango and raspberries. Spoon on top of the mascarpone mixture and scatter over the remaining lime zest.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 436(kcal)
- Fat 24.0g
- Saturates 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.