Lancashire cheese fondue
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Lancashire cheese fondue is perfect for sharing. It takes no time at all to make and is full of creamy cheese flavour. This cheese recipe is a must-have.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 150ml white wine
- 300g Lancashire cheese, crumbled or grated
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 1tbsp kirsch
- Crusty bread, cubed
- Fondue set
If using creamy Lancashire cheese, itís best grated.
- Rub the inside of a small pan with the cut surfaces of the garlic.
- Pour the wine into the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the cheese. Stir until it melts.
- Mix the cornflour with the kirsch and pour into the cheese. Stir until the mixture thickens, taking care not to let it catch and burn on the panís base.
- Serve immediately, in a fondue pot, to keep it warm, with bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 326(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.