Cheese and chutney sandwich
- 30-50g butter, softened
- 4 slices bread
- 2-3tbsp tomato chutney
- 100g double Gloucester with chives and onion, grated
- 1 medium egg
- 1 level tsp made English mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper
You can use mango chutney instead of a tomato one, as the hint of sweetness goeswell with the cheese.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread the chutney over the unbuttered side of 2 slices of bread.
- Mix together the cheese, egg, mustard and seasoning and spread over the unbuttered side of the other 2 slices. Make 2 sandwiches, with the buttered side of the bread on the outside.
- Put the sandwiches in a frying pan or on a griddle pan and cook them for 3-4 mins on each side, until the bread is crisp and golden and the cheese is starting to melt. Eat immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 541(kcal)
- Fat 34.0g
- Saturates 20.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.