Shelina Permalloo's mango chutney
Remove the seeds of the chilli if you don't like it too hot!
- 3 mangos, peeled and chopped into 1inch cubes
- 1tbsp apple vinegar
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 thumb size piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 red birds eye chilli finely chopped
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- Place all the ingredients into a heavy pan and simmer over a gentle heat for around 40 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened. Stir occasionally so that the sugar doesn't catch at the bottom of the pan.
- Allow to cool and place into sterilised jam jars or an airtight glass container.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.