Red pepper and goats' cheese risotto
- 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2tbsps olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 350g risotto rice
- 4tbsps cream sherry
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- 100-130g log goats’ cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
To save time you could use roasted red peppers from a jar which have been packed in oil or brine, but drain them well before using
- Put the red pepper halves on a grill rack, skin-side up, and cook under a medium heat until the skin chars. Now put the peppers in a plastic bag and leave them to cool, then peel off the skins and chop the flesh.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the onion and cook it over a medium heat for 5-7 mins, or until it softens but doesn’t colour.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring well, then add the sherry to the pan and stir until most of it evaporates.
- Gradually add the hot vegetable stock to the pan, stirring with each addition of liquid, adding enough stock until the rice is just tender.
- Cut 4 slices of goats’ cheese and reserve. Chop the rest and stir into the risotto, then add the red pepper and season. Spoon into bowls and place a slice of goats’ cheese on each, grinding over some black pepper before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 525(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.