- 2 rounded tbsp good instant coffee
- 700g granulated sugar
- 300ml evaporated milk (2 x 170g cans)
- 100g butter
- 2 tsp glucose syrup (we used Dr. Oetker Liquid Glucose)
You will also need:
- 19cm square tin, lined with Bakewell paper
Add 100g (31/2oz) chopped pecans or walnuts. For a smooth fudge, just beat it for a minute. For a more crumbly texture, beat for longer
- Dissolve the coffee in 5 tablespoons boiling water and put in a deep, heavy pan with the sugar, milk, butter and glucose.
- Stir the mixture over a low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved; brush any sugar crystals down from the side of the pan with a brush dipped in boiled water. Bring to the boil and boil for about 10 minutes until the mixture reaches 115°C on a sugar thermometer (or until a teaspoon of the mixture dropped into cold water forms a soft ball).
- Take the pan off the heat, and beat the fudge with a wooden spoon until thick and it’s cooled to 100°C (about 2-3 minutes). Pour into the tin and spread evenly. Leave to set, and then cut into squares.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 62(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.