- 2 chicken breasts, skinned
- 2tbsp plain flour
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- Zested rind of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 30g butter
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
Want to be extra organised? Prepare all your chicken escalopes before hand, cover and pop in the fridge
- Put each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film and, using a rolling pin or mallet, beat the chicken breasts out to an even thickness, until each one is about twice the original size.
- Tip the flour on to a plate and add seasoning. Leave to one side. Beat the egg in a shallow dish. On another plate,mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and parsley.
- Dip a chicken breast in the flour and tap off any excess, then dip it in the egg to coat completely; finally, dip in breadcrumb mixture and set aside. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan. Cook the breasts over a medium heat for 3-4 mins on each side. Drain on kitchen paper before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 500(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.