Jasmine tea creams
Prep time:Leave to set overnight
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 4 jasmine tea bags
- 5 sheets fine-leaf gelatine (we used Costa)
- 300ml whole milk
- 300ml double cream
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 passion fruit, seeds scraped out
- A little demerara sugar
You will also need:
- 4 x 200ml dariole moulds
You can use any fragrant tea you like for this, or make smaller puds in madeleine moulds, if you prefer.
- Pour 100ml boiling water over the tea bags and leave for 10 mins. Soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 mins.
- Warm the milk and cream in a pan with the sugar until just bubbling. Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine and stir it into the warm milk mixture, then squeeze out the tea bags and add the jasmine tea as well. Pour the liquid through a sieve into the moulds. Cool, then put in the fridge overnight to set.
- Mix the orange segments and passion fruit together. Then, to serve the tea creams, dip each mould into warm water for a few seconds and loosen around the top by gently pulling the cream away from the sides with your fingertips, before turning it out on to a plate. Sprinkle with sugar and serve with the mixed fruit.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 510(kcal)
- Fat 43.0g
- Saturates 27.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.