Quick farmhouse fry-up
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4tsp rapeseed oil
- 300g sliced, cooked potatoes,
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- 100g torn chard leaves,
- 3 eggs
- Dried chilli flakes
- Shavings of Parmesan or Cheddar
If you prefer, you can use spring cabbage or ready-chopped kale instead of chard.
- Warm 2 tsp rapeseed oil in a pan, add 300g of sliced, cooked potatoes, and sauté over a medium heat for 4-5 mins, until browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 2 tsp oil to the pan, along with 250g sliced mushrooms. Put the lid on the pan, place over a medium heat for 5 mins. Remove lid, turn up the heat and fry until the liquid is absorbed and the mushrooms are browned.
- Put the potatoes back in. Add 100g torn chard leaves, wilt for a minute, then break in 3 eggs. Replace lid and cook until the eggs have just set.
- Drizzle with a little oil flavoured with dried chilli flakes, if you like. Serve with shavings of Parmesan or Cheddar and hunks of baguette.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 221(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.