Spanish chicken with beans
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 600g chicken thighs
- 125g skinned and sliced chorizo
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp red pesto (or sun-dried tomato paste)
- 410g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- A few thyme sprigs
- 1tsp smoked paprika
Add a few green olives for even more Mediterranean flavour.
- To make this chicken thigh recipe, heat olive oil in a deep frying pan. Add the chicken thighs skin-side down, skinned and sliced chorizo and onion. Cook the chicken for 5 mins without turning it over to allow the skin to brown, but stir the onion and chorizo.
- Turn the chicken over and add the red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks, a large garlic clove, peeled and chopped, red pesto (or sun-dried tomato paste), cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, hot chicken stock and a few thyme sprigs.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top of the chicken. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 mins, until chicken is tender.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 450(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.