Pecan and chocolate tart
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 15g unsalted butter
- 15g light muscovado sugar
- 125ml amber maple syrup, plus another tablespoon
- 50g dark chocolate
- 2 med eggs, beaten
- 150g salted pecan nuts
- Baking sheet, lined with paper
Use unsalted pecan nuts if you prefer.
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Unroll the pastry on to the baking sheet and fold in the edge all the way around, to make a double thickness border about 2cm (¾in) wide. Mark the border, then prick inside it all over with a fork. Bake for 15 mins. Take pastry out and lower temperature to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. The pastry will have risen inside the border, so push it back down gently with your hands.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter, sugar and syrup gently in a pan until the butter melts and the syrup is hot, but not boiling. Take off the heat and stir in the chocolate until it melts. Cool for a few mins.
- Beat in the eggs, then add the nuts. Spoon the nuts evenly over the base then spoon the chocolate sauce over. Brush the pastry edge with the extra syrup. Put back in the oven for 20 mins, until the filling is just setting. Serve warm with ice cream or cream.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 320(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.