Mixed nut praline
Prep time:Cooling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 200g granulated sugar
- 150g mixed nuts (cashews, Brazils and pistachios), roughly chopped
- 1/4tsp sea-salt flakes, optional
- Baking tray, lined with a Teflon or silicone sheet
Warm the tray in the oven, so that when you pour the nutty caramel on, it doesnít set too quickly, giving you time to spread the nuts evenly.
- Heat the sugar with 2 tbsps water (or add 5 tbsps if it works better) in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil slowly, letting the sugar dissolve, then raise the heat and let it bubble until it turns an amber colour. Swirl the pan occasionally, so that the sugar colours evenly.
- Add the nuts and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then stir in the salt, if using. Pour the mixture on to the tray and leave to cool. Break it up to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 210(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 1.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.