- 1tbsp oil
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 onion
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 200gm Camargue red rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml fish or chicken stock
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 200g fresh squid, cut into rings, scallops
- 8 raw king prawns
If you like, replace the red rice with risotto rice or a mixture of basmati and wild rice
- Heat a deep frying pan, add olive oil, bacon lardons and onion. Fry over a med heat for about 5 mins, until bacon is crispy.
- Stir in paprika and garlic, along with the rice.
- Stir-fry for 1 min, then pour in tomatoes and hot stock. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins, before adding pepper,
- Simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, then add fresh squid and prawns into the rice, so they're all under the liquid.
- Simmer for about 5 mins, until the prawns turn pink. The consistency should still be soupy and the rice al dante.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon cheeks.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 420(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.