Bacon and spicy bean baked potato
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 baking potatoes (about 250-300g each)
- 4 rashers of diced streaky bacon
- 1 onion
- 1tbsp oil
- 400g can of baked beans
- 1tsp each of brown sugar
- Mild chilli powder
- Smoked paprika
- Worcestershire sauce or mustard
- Chopped chives
Top with grated cheese for a delicious finish.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Scrub and dry 4 baking potatoes (about 250-300g/8-10oz each). Prick them in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the oven shelf for 1½-2 hours, until they feel soft when you squeeze them.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Fry 4 rashers of diced streaky bacon with 1 peeled and diced onion in 1 tbsp oil for 6-8 mins until softened. Stir in a 400g can of baked beans and 1 tsp each of brown sugar, mild chilli powder and smoked paprika. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce or some mustard, if you like.
- Warm through for 5 mins.
- Split the potatoes. Open them out and spoon in the beans. Sprinkle with chopped chives, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 338(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.