Cajun spiced wedges
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious mix of roasted and sweet potatoes makes these Cajun spiced wedges recipe extra special. Dusted with chilli powder, cumin seeds and Cajun spice, these wedges are the perfect winter warmer that are great for sharing with the family.
- 2 large baking potatoes, washed but unpeeled
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed but unpeeled
- 4tbsps vegetable oil
- 4tsps Cajun spice
- 2tsps cumin seeds
- 1tsp mild chilli powder
- Sea salt
- Yogurt dip or a spicy tomato salsa, to serve
For a cooling sensation serve with creamy yogurt dip or for a firey kick serve with a spicy tomato salsa
- Cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes into even-sized, long wedges.
- Mix the vegetable oil with the Cajun spice, cumin seeds and mild chilli powder in a large bowl.
- Add the wedges, coat them well, then spread them out on a hot baking tray. Bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 45 mins to 1 hr, turning them occasionally, until crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with a yogurt dip or a spicy tomato salsa.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 182(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.