Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Why not cook a complete rack of pork ribs, ready to cut into bones and serve for supper. These are best eaten with your fingers so you can enjoy the meat and its delicious sticky barbecue sauce made from soy sauce with honey and ginger flavours . If liked, you can also use this sauce to coat individual ribs or even slices of pork belly or chicken drumsticks. If you donít have any sherry or rice wine, donít worry, just increase the other sauces to make it nice and sticky.
- 1kg rack short pork ribs
- 3cm fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp sherry or rice wine
- 2tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp honey
If cooking spare ribs on the barbecue, it is best to cook them in the oven first then just finish off on the barbecue to prevent them burning.
- Pre heat the oven to 150įC/300įF/Gas Mark 2.
- Place the ribs in a large baking tray, season well and cook for 1 1/2 hours until tender. Remove them from the oven and increase the temperature to 190įC/375įF/Gas Mark 5
- Mix the sauce ingredients together then brush all over both sides of the ribs. Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 mins until sticky and browned. Serve the ribs cut into bones.