Smoked trout and cheese baked potato
Serves: 4 or 8
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 rounded tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2-4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 125g hot smoked trout fillets
- 30g grated Gruyère cheese
If you don't like Gruyère cheese you could always use Cheddar or Mozzarella instead
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Scrub and dry the baking potatoes. Prick them in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the oven shelf for 1½-2 hours, until they feel soft when you squeeze them.
- Halve the baked potatoes lengthways, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, add horseradish sauce and chop the potato flesh, mixing in the sauce. Then add spring onions, chopped fresh parsley and hot smoked trout fillets, broken into large flakes.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato shells on a baking tray, then sprinkle with grated Gruyère cheese and a little paprika. Put under the grill for about 5 mins to brown them.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 117(kcal)
- Fat 2.5g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.