Ham and mushroom pizza
Prep time:plus proving time
Total time:plus proving time
Skill level: Easy peasy
This pizza recipe is quick, easy and delicious. It takes a little time to make your own pizza dough but the end result is well worth it. With easy bake or fast action yeast you only need to give the dough one proving – just make sure the kitchen is nice and warm to help speed up the process. To make mini pizzas divide the dough into six and roll each to an 8cm round, top and bake for 8-10 mins in the hot oven.
- 300g strong white bread flour
- 1 ½tsp easy bake or fast action dried yeast
- ½tsp salt
- Approx 180ml hand hot water
- 4tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 150g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, wiped and thinly sliced
- 115g sliced ham, chopped
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2tsp olive oil
Instead of the sun dried tomato paste spread red or green pesto or passata over the pizza base.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Add the water and mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 5 mins until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size (about 1 hr).
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Punch the risen dough to knock out the large air bubbles and knead for 1 min. Roll the dough out to a 25cm circle and place on a large baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato paste over the base leaving a 2cm border. Top with the mozzarella cheese and scatter over the mushrooms, ham and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until the base is crisp and the mozzarella is melted and golden.