Anna Hales' bulgar wheat and halloumi salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This filling and tasty bulgar wheat and halloumi salad made by goodtoknow user Anna Hales is both a healthy and delicious option. This salad can be rustled up in no time at all and makes the perfect dish for lunch
- 200g bulgar wheat
- 300ml boiling water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ bulb of fennel
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- Jar of black olives
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- Bunch spring onions
Add some meat to this salad by slicing thin strips of cooked chicken. Place the strips on top of the salad and serve
- Put the bulgar wheat in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover the bowl with a plate and leave for around 10 mins.
- Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour this over the bulgar wheat and mix thoroughly.
- Chop the salad ingredients and olives.
- Griddle or fry slices of halloumi and allow the bulgar wheat to cool before adding all the ingredients together.