Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This traditional garlic bread recipe is so easy to make and the perfect side dish if you're whipping up classic Italian foods like spaghetti Bolognese or pizza. Garlic bread is always popular to serve with barbecued or grilled meats as well as pasta dishes and takes minutes to make. We’ve used French bread in this recipe but you can also use ciabatta bread or even crusty rolls. Any leftover garlic butter can be dotted on cooked vegetables such as carrots and green beans or served on steak just before serving. This recipe serves 6 people and will take only 20 mins to prepare and cook. It's a speedy side dish everyone will love.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 100g salted butter, softened
- 3tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 loaf French bread
You can make this butter a few days in advance, wrap it tightly in cling film until needed. It can also be frozen, but don’t store for more than 1 month as garlic can develop a stronger flavour if kept for too long
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark .
- Mix the garlic into the softened butter with the parsley.
- Cut the French stick into slices, without cutting right through the bread. Spread the butter in between each slice, then wrap the bread in a sheet of foil and bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.